One of the main ingredients of our natural cosmetics is snail slime. As you know, we use it in many of our Zaffiro Organica cosmetics, because it has numerous properties and benefits for our skin. Of course, being consistent with our brand philosophy, its extraction process, allows you to preserve the life of the animal.
The Snail slime properties and benefits
Snail slime (Helix aspersa) it’s the result of a secretion rich in proteins, hyaluronic acid and antioxidants.
One of the beneficial substances it contains is allantoin, which helps eliminate necrotic tissues, regenerate them with new tissues. There are also collagen, elastin, glycolic acid, natural antibiotics and all the vitamins.
These are just some of the benefits we can get with snail slime
- Repair of natural skin tissues
- Clear acne, reduce scarring and beat wrinkles
- Eliminate acne scars, blemishes, stretch marks
- It improves elasticity and tones the skin
The snail extraction process is carried with the CRUELTY FREE method:
- Selection of snails: They must be more than 8 months old, than 7 grams of weight, which are not in hibernation, which haven’t lesions on their shell, since in this case they would have a deficit in the properties of the snail slime and in general, that they will be healthy.
- Manual extraction: Gently and without damaging them, the snails are collected, washed with water and moved with the fingers, where with this movement we get the snail slime. This natural process causes the drooling of the same which is a natural defense of snails.
- Hydration: Once the snail slime got, the snails are quickly washed with water and returned to the soil where they will continue their life. The snail slime is then filtered to remove any impurities. Also , they feed on lettuce and carrots.